Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: dropped frames

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ch4321_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am editing some video captured from a SonyVX1000. I captured it in seperate files of 3-5min chunks. The quality of the captured video is excellent but when I add the edited bits together there are alot of dropped frames in the final version (which is about 10 mins). What typically causes frames to be dropped: crap video card/lack of RAM/lack of space? or something else and how can you fix this?

  2. #2
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    you can reduce the data capture rate, this looses quality in the captured image, but can prevent frame dropping. I had a scene that just wouldnt capture properly (frame drop), so I captured it seperatley at a lower frame rate, and then spliced it between the 'normal' scenes. You cant see the quality loss.
    Get more RAM
    Defrag your Hard Drive
    Switch of every program except your capture software.
    Get a SCSI Hard Drive rather than IDE.
    Simplest thing Ive found is reducethe data rate

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MatJimMood's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you're talking about the video dropping frames when it is played after being exported then i had exactly the same problem.

    What I did was download a program called Virtual Dub
    http://www.geocities.com/virtualdub/

    Using this I compressed the audio into MP3 and the video using the DivX codec. The quality loss is tiny and it played back perfectly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •